Communication with ethernet-IP gateway

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
paulo.royer

Communication with ethernet-IP gateway

Post by paulo.royer »

Hello everyone.

We are experiencing a communication and configuration issue with the REVPI Connect+ and the Ethernet-IP gateway.

Communication is established by the master PLC on the network, which sends bits and bytes smoothly to the REVPI through the gateway.
The signals are received clearly and transparently in the respective REVPI bytes. However, the output signals from the REV-pi are not being sent, even when forcing the bytes, copying, or writing.

Interestingly, the status signals from the REVPI are displayed in the Ethernet-IP Master interface at bytes 448 and so on, as shown in the image.”

In the zip file, there are two PLC files: one for the REV-PI and the other for the IFM CR-1204 PLC, where the Ethernet-IP network master is located.

Thank you very much for your support. 🙌🏼🔌🤖
Attachments
PLC.zip
(1.77 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Captura de tela 2024-05-21 170731.png
Captura de tela 2024-05-21 170830.png
dirk
KUNBUS

Re: Communication with ethernet-IP gateway

Post by dirk »

Hello paulo.royer, thank you very much for your detailed error report. I can't quite see where you see the error. Is it the mapping of the input data? Take a look at this article, which describes it in detail:

Commissioning Modular Gateway Ethernet/IP with CODESYS

There is currently a public beta version of the Revolution Pi Bridge for CODESYS. Here is the video tutorial for it:
paulo.royer

Post by paulo.royer »

Hi @dirk
Thanks for the answer.

The problem is I can't set any byte in respective output bytes of the gateway, I mean, I can set them, but in the remote PLC the inputs are not changed and show zero Values, except for the status bytes of rev-pi which are shown in input bytes 458.

It is a problem because I do not write or transfer these data to the gateway, and I can't locate where they are transfered or copied in the rev-pi code. It is like a default or standard configuration.

thanks again, have a nice day.
paulo.royer

Post by paulo.royer »

Just to provide some additional context:

On the Ethernet-IP Master PLC side, it’s possible to see the values sent from the REV-PI appearing and disappearing. Most of the time, these values remain at zero, but for a fraction of a second, they match the values on the REV-Pi PLC side.

The status values that appear in byte 448 also appear and disappear, but they remain active for longer and zero for a while.

The images illustrate this. They are screenshots of the PLC mapping and the Kunbus Ethernet Gateway.
Attachments
Captura de tela 2024-05-22 143134.png
Captura de tela 2024-05-22 144342.png
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear paulo.royer, please send me a
Revolution Pi SOS Report
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Dear paulo.royer, if the variables you are using are not queried, they will not be automatically updated in the process image either, please note this. Maybe that's the problem you're having with your project.