Enclosure

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
smanschot

Enclosure

Post by smanschot »

Hi,

I'm looking for an enclosure for the RevPi & Power Supply.
The Din rail enclosures I found are either too large (width, height) or too shallow to fit the RevPi.

Do you know if such enclosures exist and where I could find them?

Thx in advance.
pi_admin
Administrator

Re: Enclosure

Post by pi_admin »

Hi smannschot,

unfortunately we don't have any suggestions regarding a DIN rail enclosure that just fits a Core and power supply. By our experience, Revolution Pi is usually installed in larger enclosures.

Maybe one of our forums user has a good tip?
Timo

Post by Timo »

Have you tried https://www.bopla.de/en/enclosure-finder.html ?
Do you need it for professional or private usage?
Bertrand

Post by Bertrand »

Hi,
In addition to an RevPiCore3, I would like to developp my own network bridge. I like your enclosure design but I would like an additionnal 4-pins connector. So the "maker" version you sold don't fit with my need. Do you share the supplier? is it your own spec? I have seen that Pilz use same design. I have check at Bopla, Phoenix contact. I found some quite good but not perfect as yours.
I will appreciate your advise.
Thanks
Bertrand
volker

Post by volker »

Hi Bertrand,
the enclosure is custom made and custom designed. PILZ is a business partner so that is why you find similarities.
Is this for just a view items? If you are planning for a large quantity (at least several hundret per year) we could possibly discuss custom changes. You may contact me via PM to discuss details.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
Bertrand

Post by Bertrand »

Hi Volker,
Thanks for your feedback.
Congratulation for your custom design : I like it. ;-)
I plan for a very low quantity, that's why I am looking for an available solution on the market even with custom machining and labeling.
The most significant item I like is LED light guide on the back side of the pcb. I try to find similar on the market but alwas to big to fit on only 1.6mm...

Thanks again.
Bertrand