We are excited to announce the beta release of our Revolution Pi Bullseye image, which brings a host of new features and improvements to our popular automation platform. Here are some of the key highlights:
- ARM64 support: Our images now support the ARM64 architecture, which means improved performance and support for 64-bit applications. Customers who use Docker containers will notice a significant improvement as many vendors have chosen to just offer arm64 containers.
- NetworkManager: We have replaced dhcpcd with NetworkManager, which brings a better user experience, especially for devices with Wi-Fi connectivity.
- UTC as default time zone: Our image now uses UTC as the default time zone, which has several advantages. It avoids issues with daylight saving time changes and ensures consistency across devices, regardless of their location.
- Auto-discoverable devices: We have implemented mDNS / Avahi support, which means that devices are now auto-discoverable on the network. This improves the onboarding experience, especially for devices with unknown IP addresses.
- TLS certificate wizard: Our image now includes a TLS certificate wizard that generates custom certificates for the webserver upon first boot. This provides a secure connection to the webserver and ensures that all data transmitted is encrypted.
- Automatic device configuration: Finally, we have added automatic device configuration for devices with HAT EEPROM, which means that there is no need to run a factory reset on first boot after flashing the image onto a device with HAT EEPROM, such as the RevPi Core SE or Connect 4.
We are confident that these improvements will make the Revolution Pi platform even more powerful and user-friendly. We welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts on the beta release.
The following images are available for download:
- Bullseye Beta armhf (md5 checksum 0e2bab185c0fde51941570edf9d403aa)
- Bullseye Beta arm64 (md5 checksum af47246cc750bcaaf8b360a506b38602)
- Bullseye Beta Lite armhf (md5 checksum 5ac89c1cf1ac406e46868a99e8d56b3c)
- Bullseye Beta Lite arm64 (md5 checksum 0ddb658c9b28c06fd8937ba1277e5932)
Please note that the Bullseye image requires at least a CM3 based RevPi device (eg. RevPi Core 3 or later, RevPi Connect 3 or later, RevPi Compact, RevPi Flat).
Thank you for your continued support,
The Revolution Pi Team