DIO Module Red Lights

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
New2RevPi
Answers: 0

DIO Module Red Lights

Post by New2RevPi »

I am new to RevPi, and am just setting up the hardware. I have gone through the configuration with Pictory, added the DIO on the right side, made sure my firmware is up to date.
I am using Core S and a single DIO, with Pybridge.

When using Node Red, I can see my DIO pins (both input and output) in the configuration of for reading single pins.
However, the status lights on my DIO for the IN and OUT are both Red. Power is green, so I am communicating with my Core S. I checked the power supply. I am giving the DIO module around 23.5VDC. Does anyone have any suggestions? The red lights on IN and OUT suggest the DIO doesn't have enough power, but I don't think this is true, unless I am making an error somewhere.
IMG_3328.JPEG
IMG_3328.JPEG (713.54 KiB) Viewed 1456 times
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Re: DIO Module Red Lights

Post by nicolaiB »

Your DIO is missing the wires on X2 which powers the input and output section. You can wire it to the same source as the module power connector (X4).

Nicolai
New2RevPi
Answers: 0

Re: DIO Module Red Lights

Post by New2RevPi »

Thank you for the quick reply! :)
I finally realized this as well, late last night after re-reading the set up guide (wasn't clear on first read). Both X2 and X4 need to be wired up in order for the DIO to function properly. Otherwise it's either comms or pin power, but not both.