I am trying to emulate via QEMU the image 2020-03-02-revpi-stretch.
My purpose here is to have an image for testing Ansible scripts I am writing in order to automate the deployment process in our environment.
What I did is:
- Installing the last version of QEMU with:
brew install qemu
- Download from your site the image
- Convert the image file from img to qcow2:
qemu-img convert -f raw -O qcow2 2020-03-02-revpi-stretch.img 2020-03-02-revpi-stretch.qcow
- Expand the image:
qemu-img resize 2020-03-02-revpi-stretch.qcow +6G
- Download the dtp file of versatile architecture from here: https://github.com/dhruvvyas90/qemu-rpi-kernel
- Download the buster kernel kernel-qemu-4.19.50-buster from the same github
- Launch Qemu with:
qemu-system-arm -kernel ./kernel-qemu-4.19.50-buster -append "root=/dev/sda2 panic=1 rootfstype=ext4 rw" -hda 2020-03-02-revpi-stretch.qcow -cpu arm1176 -m 256 -M versatilepb -no-reboot -serial stdio -dtb ./versatile-pb-buster.dtb -net nic -net user,hostfwd=tcp::10022-:22
My question is: which is the login and password ?
I have understood that on the real RevPi the password is written on the external qrcode so I suppose there is some sort of initial configuration at the first boot (this is just mine supposition, I wasn't able to find any documentation).
Is there a way to connect via a temporary user and insert a new user in the image?