Ignition su Kunbus

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
denisds
Answers: 0

Ignition su Kunbus

Post by denisds »

Good morning,
I would like to install Inductive Automation's Ignition software on your device.
I have tried various configurations and releases but I can't because the system goes to installation error.
I attach logs of the gateway.
Normally I have always installed this software on classic raspberry with Java.
Is there any configuration that preliminary that needs to be done?
Attachments
wrapperaarch64.zip
log Ignition
(5.88 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
stefanh
KUNBUS
Answers: 0

Re: Ignition su Kunbus

Post by stefanh »

Hi denisds,

the log you've provided shows multiple attempts to start and operate a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) using the Java Service Wrapper. There are several key events and issues in the log to note:

Multiple JVM Starts and Terminations: The log shows the JVM being started and then unexpectedly terminated multiple times. This is indicated by the messages "Launching a JVM..." and "JVM exited unexpectedly." Notably, the JVM is terminated each time with a SIGKILL signal (Signal 9), suggesting the process is being forcefully stopped.

Illegal Access Warnings: There are multiple warnings about "illegal reflective access." This is typical for Java applications running on newer Java versions but containing code that doesn't comply with newer Java security policies. While these warnings don't necessarily cause immediate crashes, they point to potential compatibility issues.

Configuration Issues: The repeated crashes and the final failure with the message "There were 5 failed launches in a row, each lasting less than 300 seconds. Giving up." suggest that there might be a deeper configuration issue. This could point to problems with the environment, the configuration settings of the Java Service Wrapper, or the application itself.

Database Connection Issues: There are indications of using a SQLite database, but no specific error messages pointing to a problem with the database. However, it might be worth checking the configuration and accessibility of the database.

To troubleshoot these issues, you might consider the following steps:

Check the Configuration of the Java Service Wrapper: Ensure all paths, memory settings, and other configuration options are correct.

Verify Compatibility with Java Version: Make sure the Java application is compatible with the Java version you are using. In particular, the warnings about illegal accesses could indicate compatibility issues with newer Java versions.

Check Application Logic and Resources: Ensure that the application itself doesn't contain errors that could lead to a crash and that it has adequate resources to run properly.

Review System Logs for Additional Clues: Sometimes, system logs or application logs (outside of the Java Service Wrapper log) can provide additional information about the cause of the crashes.

Test in a Different Environment: If possible, test the application in a different environment to determine if the problem is environment-specific.

To say more, we need an SOS report: https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/wiki/x/UABheQ

Regards

Stefan
Support | KUNBUS