Temperature Probe options

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
steelhead396
Answers: 0

Temperature Probe options

Post by steelhead396 »

I have built a continuous still using a Raspberry Pi 3B, Tinkerforge; barometer, master brick, Industrial Analog Out Bricklet 2.0, DS9490R Maxim Programmer USB 1-Wire using five DS18B20's. Really like the Revolution Pi and was curious if there are any extension modules available or in the development that interface temp probes and if so what kind of temp probe do / will they use? I am trying to develop a gui interface to display the temps and overall distillation system. I can use what I have with the Revolution Pi however wanted to research what other options might be available in the near future. Thank you
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Re: Temperature Probe options

Post by kjkoster »

Hi Steelhead,

We are happy users of the Unipi xG18 for 1-wire temperature measurement.

https://www.unipi.technology/unipi-extension-xg18-p331

Kees Jan
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

Hi Steelhead396,

Thank you for your interest in our product. Accordingly, your enquiry is also important to me.
We have an extension modul to our basic IPC modules (RevPi core, connect), which allow Temperature measurement. The module is called RevPi AIO.
RevPi AIO also features 2 separate RTD input channels. The 2 RTD inputs enable temperatures to be measured with high precision from -165 °C to +600 °C in steps of 0.5 °C using common RTDs sensors like Pt100/Pt1000 probes. The probes can be connected directly to the module with 2, 3 or 4 cables. To know how the module AIO works, take please a look here.
You also don't need to develop a gui interface to display the Temps. You can use the Open Source service of Node-red. Please have a look at our example. We use a revolution Pi with a DIO and AIO module attached to it. We have connected two PT 100 temperature sensors to the AIO. The DIO module was wired with three buttons and two LEDs.

I hope, my instructions will be helpful for you.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support
steelhead396
Answers: 0

Post by steelhead396 »

Thank you very much. Looks like 3 x AIO will cover my needed, 6 outputs & 6 RTD's together. On Back order from DigiKey. If I went with the RevPi Connect+ feat. Codesys vs RevPi Connect SE does the codesys HMI come as part of it? Like the look of the HMI. Seems easy to configure with a project like this. Temp readings, barometer, Temp graph, etc.

Is there a compatible barometer that anyone is familiar with? Based off of barometer readings, the Continuous still will adjust the heaters accordingly to perform at optimal output.