Machine Energies metering

Show the world your Revolution Pi project!
a.jeanrichard
Answers: 0

Machine Energies metering

Post by a.jeanrichard »

Dear all,

I'm looking for a simple solution to be able to measure different energies used by industrial machines, and I found your industrial Raspberry-PI based products that seem to me like a good fit.

The first sensors that I would like to use are :
- Analogic Current clamp (for instance the SCT013-100 from YHDC (see description attached for a sensor with an output up to 1[V] or another one with output up to 50[mA])
- Analogic flow meter (for instance the PFMB from SMC (see description attached for an output of 1 to 5 V, 4 to 20 mA).
And more sensors to be added later.
For now, the sampling frequency should be between 1Hz and 10Hz.

I was therefore thinking of using the Revpi Compact for this project, as it seems to have everything needed integrated.

Here are my questions:
1) Are the sensors that I'm thinking of using compatible with the Revpi Compact or one of your other products?
2) I checked on almost all the distributors that you mention in your website, and none have the RevPi compact in stock. Do you know where I can find it? If not available, what combination of your products should I order to meet my needs?
3) Does your product comes with a pre-installed operating system?
4) Can I manage the acquisition of the analogs signal and the communication with a server writing only C# in the Raspberry PI?
5) Do you have any advice on how to make this project a success?

Thank you very much and best regards,

Antoine
Attachments
PFMB.png
PFMB.png (658.58 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
SCT013-000-100A-50mA.png
SCT013-000-100A-50mA.png (399.67 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
SCT013-100-100A-1V.png
SCT013-100-100A-1V.png (369.64 KiB) Viewed 4259 times
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Re: Machine Energies metering

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello Antoine,

Here are the response of your questions:

1) Are the sensors that I'm thinking of using compatible with the Revpi Compact or one of your other products?
Yes, The Revpi compact will work for your setup.
Features of the Revpi Compact:
  • 8 x analog Inputs
    0-10 V DC, single ended, 16 Bit at piControl, 21 Bit raw value, software switchable current source 2.5 mA
  • 2 x analog Outputs
    0-10 V, short-circuit proof, protection against backfeeding, 8-bit resolution,
    1 % accuracy, max. current load 10 mA (10 V DC @ 1 k)
2) I checked on almost all the distributors that you mention in your website, and none have the RevPi compact in stock. Do you know where I can find it? If not available, what combination of your products should I order to meet my needs?
s you already know, there are unfortunately still bottlenecks in the supply of raw materials and components, which is due to a significant and growing demand for components worldwide.

Our material purchasing and product management are regularly in contact with leading distributors and the Raspberry Pi Foundation to generate reliable information about material availability and to ensure our ability to deliver again as soon as possible.

A reliable statement about exact quantities and delivery dates is currently not possible.

Our warehouses are currently empty and this is unlikely to change in Q3/2022.

We have received very non-binding commitments from suppliers for the end of Q4/2022. However, experience shows that these commitments can also change at short notice. In the worst case, we won't be able to deliver again in larger quantities until early 2023.

And due to the large number of small inquiries, we are also no longer able to handle them through our office staff in direct sales. Therefore, we ask for your understanding that we have to refer you to our catalog distribution partners.

These are:

www.alliedelec.com

www.conrad.de

www.digikey.com

www.distrelec.de

www.loeffelhardt.de

www.pollin.de

www.reichelt.com

de.rs-online.com

3) Does your product come with a pre-installed operating system?
Yes, All our devices have the operating system pre-installed!
4) Can I manage the acquisition of the analogs signal and the communication with a server writing only C# in the Raspberry PI?
Yes, It is possible. see here https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/wiki/ ... s-image%3F|Is there a C# library available to access the process image?
5) Do you have any advice on how to make this project a success?
Actually not, but let see with the other members of this community :) :D
a.jeanrichard
Answers: 0

Post by a.jeanrichard »

Dear u.biakoup,

Thank you very much for your precise answer. To be able to have the RevPi products I need more quickly, I'm thinking of buying :
- RevPi Core S 16GB
- RevPi MIO I/O Module, 8AI 8DI 4AO 4DO

As I understand these will provide the same features as the RevPi Compact.

Best regards,

Antoine
u.biakoup
KUNBUS
Answers: 2

Post by u.biakoup »

Hello Antoine,
yes, These will provide the same features as the RevPi Compact.

Best Regards

Ulrich Kouatang Biakoup | Technical Support