Cannot add MIO module,

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Re: Cannot add MIO module,

Post by kjkoster »

Dear Nicolai,

Thank you for making this into a release version. I will upgrade my machines with this.

Slightly off-topic and not to sound ungrateful, but have you had a chance to look into the Modio2 release too?

Kees Jan
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Post by kjkoster »

... and what are SE modules?
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Kees,

for revpimodio2 / revpipyload I have to wait for the official release by Sven. After that we can build packages which will be published in our repository.

SE modules = RevPi Core / Connect SE :-) More details can be found in our announcement: https://revolutionpi.com/new-s-series-a ... rect=en_US

Nicolai
RR4711
Answers: 0

Post by RR4711 »

Will it be possible to buy the CM4S as spare part for upgrading existing RevPi Connect+ for instance?

Markus
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi Markus,

we don't plan to sell the CM4S modules separately. Due to the ongoing supply shortage, we will have to use all available modules for new devices.

Nicolai
RR4711

Post by RR4711 »

But technically its possible and just the CM is different in the SE? I'm just trying to get an idea for our roadmap with the connect+, as the planned "all new" revpis AFAIK will not have the CONbridge connector anymore, which I would need for our FPGA Hardware. So having an option for a "souped up" SE with CONbridge would be good (maybe later when the shortage gets better I can get a handfull of CM4S, we only have like 10 devices in total but it would be worth upgrading)
pi_admin
Administrator
Answers: 1

Post by pi_admin »

RR4711 wrote: 13 May 2022, 10:03 But technically its possible and just the CM is different in the SE? I'm just trying to get an idea for our roadmap with the connect+, as the planned "all new" revpis AFAIK will not have the CONbridge connector anymore, which I would need for our FPGA Hardware. So having an option for a "souped up" SE with CONbridge would be good (maybe later when the shortage gets better I can get a handfull of CM4S, we only have like 10 devices in total but it would be worth upgrading)
The SE-Series has a different PCB. That`s why the RevPi Gateways won`t work with the SE-series. The S-series however has the same PCB as the current RevPi Cores/Connects, the only difference is the Compute Module.
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

The Connect S and Connect SE still have the ConBridge. With the Connect 4 the ConBridge will be replaced with an additional PiBridge.

Nicolai
RR4711

Post by RR4711 »

Thanks for clarifying this. Is it possible to order an evaluation sample of a RevPi Connect 32GB as "S" model for evaluation of the performance? I know it's not listed in the shop yet, but it's said that first samples ship end of April...

And sorry for hijacking the thread :-)

Markus