Echo :Write Error: Connection Refused

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
gopal30
Answers: 0

Echo :Write Error: Connection Refused

Post by gopal30 »

Hi Guys!
I am trying to connect my Nordic nRF52xx to Revolution Pi using Bluetooth_6lowpan but i am unable to do it. It is working until hcitool lescan command but when i try to use echo "connect 00:99:88:00 1" /sys/kernel/debug/bluetooth/6lowpan_control command it either says permission denied but mostly i get error Connection Refused . I am not sure if it related to kernel version (i am using 4.1) or something else. I have followed all the codes accurately but doesn´t seem to be working.
Hope to get some valuable inputs. Thanks in advance !
KarlZeilhofer

Re: Echo :Write Error: Connection Refused

Post by KarlZeilhofer »

Does the RevPi have Bluetooth?
lukas
Expert

Re: Echo :Write Error: Connection Refused

Post by lukas »

Hi gopal30,

Unlike the Raspberry Pi 3 and Raspberry Pi Zero W, the Compute Module doesn't have on-board Bluetooth. So the first question is, how did you make your RevPi Bluetooth-capable, perhaps with a USB adapter? If so, which one? (So that I can check if a driver was actually shipped with our wheezy image.)

Writing to sysfs usually requires root permission, so you'll have to prefix the echo command with "sudo". Omission of sudo would explain the "Permission denied" error you were seeing.

As to the "Connection refused" error I've no idea. Could you explain in more detail what you did to get that error message?

Thanks!