What does the "tunnel-start.sh" script do?

Rund um die Software von Revolution Pi
tintin
Answers: 0

What does the "tunnel-start.sh" script do?

Post by tintin »

Hi

What does the "tunnel-start.sh" script do? It looks like a "phoning home"-script?
Can you please explain to me what it does and why it's necessary?

For me it does not start, I get an service error from this script.

Thanks!
volker
Answers: 1

Re: What does the "tunnel-start.sh" script do?

Post by volker »

Hi tintin,
this is just an option and you can switch it off as discribed in tutorial "Activating and deactivating Revolution Pi services". If you are not registered for that service it will not start but abbort with an error.
The service allows you to tunnel any web browser from the internet to the web server of your device via https in a secure way. The device builds up a tunnel as soon as it is connected to the internet, reaches the KUNBUS connection server and the conneection server recognizes the device as registered for the service. With a browser you then connect to the connection server and cklick on your open connections to be directly connected to your device. That is a save way to use a HMI software like Procon Web or Spider Control running on the RevPi from any browser over the internet.
If you do not register for this service simply remove the service as descibed in the tutorial.
In our next image release this service is switched off by default as asked by several users in order to keep up a maximum level of privacy as the default case.
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!