Factory reset?

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
rossyduck
Answers: 0

Factory reset?

Post by rossyduck »

Dirk,

Saw your post form about two weeks ago re factory reset. I have fiddled with my RevPi Core 3 and made a mess of the software. Intending to reset it to how it arrived I flashed it with Jessie but do note that the cover refers to 2018-07-17-revpi-stretch.

1) Which version of software was provided out of the box - Jessie or Revpi stretch.
2) From you post you say we will be asked for Serial number and mac address. I am just getting the usual log in CLi ?
3) I have used the Serial number as the user - the second number below the USB ports and the MAC address as the password. Still locked out.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Re: Factory reset?

Post by dirk »

Hi the good news is that the actual Stretch image (March 2019) are now compatible also with RevPi Core 1 modules. Just download the image from the shop for free. The initial question of the SN/MAC functionality was introduced after the Jessie image.
rossyduck

Post by rossyduck »

Thanks - I have downloaded and am writing it to the disk. Will the boot up process then ask me for MAC and SN ? Is the serial number the 2nd number below the USB ports ?
rossyduck

Post by rossyduck »

Dirk,

I have downloaded stretch and written it to the disk. I just cant access the device- User name is pi and password is raspberrz (using qwerty keyboard). I am however stuck at the compact ,serial number and mac.

What is the compact ? Does 100257 make sense ? (NB This is where they are looking for you to enter the text description of the device - i.e. Core - not the product number)

Do I enter the Mac as C83E-A701-1882 ? Does that make sense ?

The serial number is hard to read - but is it something like 12053 ?

OK - solved but I will leave the post up for others.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi sorry to hear that you have had troubles finding the necessary information. Here is a picture that makes it clear where to find the SN and the MAC