Pictory

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Simon
Answers: 0

Pictory

Post by Simon »

My revpi keeps chrashing when im working on the pictory is it possible to put pictory on my pi3 and configer the revpi from the pi3?

Thanks
volker
Answers: 1

Re: Pictory

Post by volker »

Hi Simon,
sorry but the SW team is in season's holiday and I can only give little help on this topic.
First of all: Is there anything else running on your RevPi Core? Normally it should be no problem to run PiCtory on the built in Apache server.
Please do not try to run the browser on your RevPi Core too! The browser will bring the CPU load to 100% and the system will no longer response well. Use any PC or Mac instead and run their browser attaching them to the same LAN the RevPi Core is in and using the simply the RevPi Core's IP as address for the apache server 's websites with login and PiCtory.
This should alsways work without any trouble. If you still have trouble, look at your system's task list if there is anything installed an drunning which was not on the original image.
Hope that helps.
If not please explain in detail what happens when you say the system crashes. Does is freeze? Can you still ping the Core? Can you SSH connect to the system? If these technical terms don't say anything to you please do not hesitate asking for explanation. Too bad that we haven't been able yet to get the English tutorials online - all this stuff ist explained in detail in the (video) tutorials. Ma be you get an idea by watching the German videos and trying to catch up the screen dump information at least.
Good luck!
PS: To answer your specific question: YES! All the source files for PiCtory are on your eMMC and could be copied to any other system using them for any apache compatible web server. But if you've never installed a web server or web server application I feart I can't help you with this. We will put a Download online soon in January which contains a full MS Windows installation for PiCtory (includng the webserver needed for it).
Unser RevPi Motto: Don't just claim it - make it!
Simon
Answers: 0

Post by Simon »

Thanks for the fast reply I Shall try it.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Simon,
there is now a download of PiCtory 1.0 for Windows available here:
https://revolution.kunbus.de/tutorials/downloads/

There is also an update to PiCtory version 1.1 available. Details here:
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=117