AIO IN led red bliping

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
zairalm

AIO IN led red bliping

Post by zairalm »

Hi!

I'm starting to connect all my sensors in an AIO module. To be sure that I'm doing it correctly or easily locate where is the error in case something fails I'm connecting them one by one and then checking the values read.
I have connected IN1 and settled all the characteristics in PicTory (4-20mA, multiplier, ...) everything was working. (all leds where green) I even get the value. Then I have turned the RevPi off and connected IN2, which is the same type, so I did the same, but when I turned it on, now the led IN is blipping in red.

The documentation says that this error means: Range error. A too high a voltage or too high a power supply at one or more inputs.

So I have removed the second input to check again the current range and this persists, even if I remove all of them, the led IN now is flipping all the time.

Do you know why? And how to solve it? I can read the values of all the sensors connected even if the red led is blipping, what should I do?

Thank you in advance!! :D :D
dirk
KUNBUS

Re: AIO IN led red bliping

Post by dirk »

Okay zairalm, great work you did it! :) Hmm... well, I can just say check for possible firmware updates using the "piTest -f" command.
zairalm

Post by zairalm »

Hii!

Sorry for the delay, I've tried today again, and nothing :(

I also said that I could read the values, but now I think I'm not getting the real lectures. IN1 and IN2 are empty and I have connected a sensor to IN3; but the values are the following ones after checking with piTest -r :

piTest -r F_1
2 Byte-Value of F_1: 1 dez (=0001 hex)

-- In this case, there isn't any sensor connected and the configuration in PiCtory is:
Range: 4-20 mA
Multiplier: 1
Divisor: 1
Offset: 0

Why I get 1? Shouldn't be 0 instead?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

piTest -r F_2
2 Byte-Value of F_2: 0 dez (=0000 hex)
2 Byte-Value of F_2: 65535 dez (=ffff hex)

-- This case, there isn't any sensor connected and the configuration in PiCtory is:

This one goes from 0 to the max value without any pattern, and there is nothing connected here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
In IN3 I got normal values when the sensor is connected and 0 if I remove it.

-- In this case, the configuration in PiCtory is the same as the previous ones:

I get that I can't ignore the alarm of the IN flickering in red, but the problem is not in the inputs, cause they are not connected.

What can be the problem here?

Thank you in advance!
dirk
KUNBUS

Post by dirk »

Hi zairalm,
Thank you for the detailed error report and the steps you have taken, this is a complete picture that gives me and us a good idea of what the problem is.
At the beginning of the analogue world, there is a rustle :)
So well, something between 0 and 1 on a floating analogue input is nothing unusual.
So you get an alarm because of the flickering analogue inputs that measure values that are out of range, i.e. lower than 0V.
It is unfortunately impossible to deactivate analogue inputs in PiCtory. There is room for enhancements here in the future.
But you can configure the range for the unused analogue inputs to the maximum of +- 10V, for example.
Furthermore, you could switch all unused analogue inputs to ground with a wire bridge so that the values are reliable.
I'm not sure if you have already tried to update the firmware with "piTest -f"? If not, this is always helpful to be up to date, although I don't see these problems here but simply in the measurement setup and parameters.