bullseye 64bit ( codesys eror runtime )

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
ramzi
Answers: 0

bullseye 64bit ( codesys eror runtime )

Post by ramzi »

Hello,
I upgraded my revolution pi connect + to the bullseye 64 bit version everything is fine to date except for a problem with the codesys control, I use version 4.9 (raspberry, armhf) it installs on the machine but when I do start I have an error ([INFORMATION] Executing SSH command on pi@XXXX: Start runtime system
[INFORMATION] Standard output: Error: Failed to start codesyscontrol
[INFORMATION] Standard output: Error: script has to be run as root), is it necessary to use a specific version of codesys control?
Hardware : BCM2835
Model : Raspberry Pi Compute Module 3 Plus Rev 1.0
codesyscontrol : armhf 4.9.0.0 armhf codesyscontrol based on SDK 3.5.19.10
thnx,
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 8

Re: bullseye 64bit ( codesys eror runtime )

Post by nicolaiB »

Unfortunately CODESYS does not run on 64-bit (it needs the armhf architecture). Therefore please of the 32bit bullseye images.

Nicolai
ramzi

Post by ramzi »

thank you for the answer, can we expect that there will be updates for it to work in 64bit? Or will it depend on codesys too?
because we placed an order for the new revpi but it comes in a 64-bit version and our system is based on Codesys.!!
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 8

Post by nicolaiB »

Unfortunately this is related to CODESYS and their runtime (policy). They just announced an updated license model, which will allow to use various runtimes with the same license. So I see two possible options for you:

1) Install the 32bit Image on our RevPi and use the Raspberry Pi runtime
2) Use a Control Standard S license and use the ARM SL runtime as suggested from CODESYS for 64bit operating systems

Please note that the second option is not yet fully tested by us and therefore we cannot guarantee that everything is working 100%. We will check this during the next weeks.

Nicolai
PAHO

Post by PAHO »

I'm using the RevPi Connect 4 8BG | 32GB with Codesys. The OS was until now the Bullseye Raspian 32bit version from the download section and worked with the Raspberry Pi runtime.
Now i need the 64bit version of the OS, so i've tried to install the Codesys ARM64 runtime on the Revpi - that worked.
But sadly, at the compile process of the Codesys application, there are errors in the current version of the KunbusIoDrvRevPiBridge 1.4.1.0:
kunbus2.png
kunbus1.png
Any help is appreciated!
Greetings