WiFi drops when I plug in my components

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
juan.alvarez
Answers: 0

WiFi drops when I plug in my components

Post by juan.alvarez »

Hi,

I am new to Raspberry pi, I am currently working with a fairly simple set up of a RevPi Core S, DIO and AIO. I have managed to get the input and outputs fine, but something that has been annoying me is that everytime I plug my setup to my computer the Wifi stops working, I can't search anything online. It was fine until now because I started using a second PC, but now I came to a point where I want to start programming in Node-Red and I need to download some new packages to make work easier, but I can't do it if I am not connected to the internet.

Any help on this? I have tried to look for information online but all I can find is information about connecting the RevPi through both WiFi and ethernet to my computer and not really to the internet.

Thanks in advance!
kjkoster
Answers: 2

Re: WiFi drops when I plug in my components

Post by kjkoster »

Dear Juan,

What might be happening is that your operating system gives precedence to the wired connection over the wireless connection for routing traffic. Without knowing your PC's operating system, we cannot know.

To work around such issues in general, I always first install Wireguard on my revpi's and then remote into them over ssh. This has the benefit of working exactly the same, whether the device is on my bench or out in the field.

viewtopic.php?p=12785#p12785

Kees Jan