PTP configuration

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
rlc
Answers: 0

PTP configuration

Post by rlc »

Hi,

I'm using the RevPi Connect SE to transfer some files over USB, but I'm facing a problem with the PTP configuration, and it does not allow me to transfer files from specific devices.

Is it possible to change the PTP configuration on the RevPi, such as the BLOBSIZE?

Regards,
Rodrigo
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Re: PTP configuration

Post by giuseppe »

Hello rlc,
I'm using the RevPi Connect SE to transfer some files over USB, but I'm facing a problem with the PTP configuration, and it does not allow me to transfer files from specific devices.
Is it possible to change the PTP configuration on the RevPi, such as the BLOBSIZE?
Unfortunately, I can't help you with this. Try the Raspberry Pi forum. If you find the solution there, feel free to post the link here, in your Revolution Pi Forum post.
Raspberry Pi Forum

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
rlc

Post by rlc »

Hi Giuseppe,

I tested my application on a Raspberry Pi 4, and no error appeared. This problem with the PTP is specific to the RevPi.

Regards,
Rodrigo.
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Post by giuseppe »

Hello Rodrigo,
I tested my application on a Raspberry Pi 4, and no error appeared. This problem with the PTP is specific to the RevPi.
Which image did you use exactly, on the Raspberry Pi 4 and which on the RevPi?

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
rlc

Post by rlc »

For the Raspberry Pi 4 I used Debian 11 (Bullseye) and for the RevPi Connect I'm using Stretch Buster.
stefanh
KUNBUS

Post by stefanh »

Hello rlc,

what library do you use in your application and which device do you want to read from?

Or do you want to read from the RevPi?

Best regards
Stefan
rlc

Post by rlc »

Hi stefanh,

I have a Canon R connected via USB, and I'm using the gphoto2 library. Whenever I try to transfer a file from the camera to the RevPi Connect SE, I get an error related to the PTP BLOBSIZE configuration.

Regards,
Rodrigo.
stefanh
KUNBUS

Post by stefanh »

Hi rlc,

have you tested the new image? --> viewtopic.php?t=3961

I have not found a solution yet how to configure Picture Transfer Protocol. But the problem is interesting ;)

Best regards
Stefan
nicolaiB
KUNBUS
Answers: 7

Post by nicolaiB »

Raspberry Pi 4 uses a dedicated XHCI controller. The RevPi (all but Connect 4) use the integrated host controller. One thing you could try, is to enable the xhci mode of the internal host controller (usb2 only). In order to do so, you have to agg otg_mode=1 at the end of /boot/config.txt. Please note that this will affect the mac address setup routine and the devices will not use the KUNBUS mac addresses.

Nicolai