How many EtherCAT slaves can be connected to the RevPi Connect module

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Purecade
Answers: 0

How many EtherCAT slaves can be connected to the RevPi Connect module

Post by Purecade »

Hello,

I am using RevPi Connect+CODESYS to connect an EtherCAT IO module and I would like to know how many EtherCAT slaves can be connected to it and if there is a stable data, e.g. 4 or 6.

Best regards,
Cade
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Re: How many EtherCAT slaves can be connected to the RevPi Connect module

Post by giuseppe »

Hello Purecade,
I am using RevPi Connect+CODESYS to connect an EtherCAT IO module and I would like to know how many EtherCAT slaves can be connected to it and if there is a stable data, e.g. 4 or 6.
I cannot give you any specifications on this, as these are provided by Codesys and do not come from KUNBUS. You should find them at the following link.
CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL
CODESYS ETHERCAT MASTER

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
Purecade

Post by Purecade »

Giuseppe wrote: 22 May 2023, 12:06 Hello Purecade,
I cannot give you any specifications on this, as these are provided by Codesys and do not come from KUNBUS. You should find them at the following link.
CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL
CODESYS ETHERCAT MASTER

Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano
Hello Giuseppe Pagano,

I understand your reply, but CODESYS has no limit on the number of connections at the software level, it depends on the hardware performance, I think it is related to the RevPi calculation module. how many slaves can be supported by the performance of the RevPi CM4S?

Best regards,
Cade
giuseppe
KUNBUS

Post by giuseppe »

Hello Purecade,
I understand your reply, but CODESYS has no limit on the number of connections at the software level, it depends on the hardware performance, I think it is related to the RevPi calculation module. how many slaves can be supported by the performance of the RevPi CM4S?
It is always very difficult to make statements about performance because it is an open system. The customer must test or find out the number of slaves himself. We cannot give any information about the number of slaves.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Best regards
Giuseppe Pagano | Technical Support