RevPi Core3 - Power LED toggles between GREEN and RED

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
Projektraum
Answers: 0

RevPi Core3 - Power LED toggles between GREEN and RED

Post by Projektraum »

Hi,
I've installed the new Buster Lite IMG provided by Kunbus on a RevPi Core 3, in order to create an up-to-date image version of my system.
I'm using RevPiMODio2 to operate the DIO Module which is connected to the Core3.I noticed that with this new OS version, the Power LED on the Core3 goes quite often, in a short intervall time (2-10sec), to RED, then OFF, and then back to GREEN again.
The behavior above happens as a loop, so as soon as it comes back to GREEN, the cycle starts again.

I never had this behavior on Stretch.
Can someone explain what it means? In which system log can I check for more information / the causes of that behavior?
Any suggestions how to debug/find the causes?

Many thanks in advance,
Nathan
Projektraum

Re: RevPi Core3 - Power LED toggles between GREEN and RED

Post by Projektraum »

Hi,

I found another DIO for testing, and seems that this behavior is regarding a modified firmware on DIO.
Is there a way to disable any kind of firmware verification of the modules?
Projektraum

Post by Projektraum »

Hi,

another note after more tests. This behavior does not occurs with the new Core S + DIO with custom firmware.
On the Core S, the PWR LED remains always GREEN, as expected.
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Projektraum, if you use your own firmware for the modules, it will be difficult to build a basis for us to support you.
Can you send us a sosreport? https://kunbus-gmbh.atlassian.net/servi ... -773816108
Projektraum

Post by Projektraum »

Hello Dirk,

I was more curious what that behavior (Power LED going Red-Off-Green) really means, since it only happens on the Buster images (I've tested with all Buster IMG available on Kunbus website).
I've checked also all logs available on /var/log/ but none of them have an output which could explain the behavior (all piControl stuff looks fine), so maybe it was a new feature which has no
log output.

I talked with the costumer, and since the Core3 is no longer available for ordering, we will keep the old devices running with Stretch, which runs well, and let only
the new Core S with the Buster image. I am quite sure it is related to a firmware version checking, since our custom firmware has a different version number than normal Kunbus ones, to easily
identify the DIOs which were modified, but I will let this topic in stand-by for now, since I got the OK to keep the Stretch IMG.

I am currently performing a long-run test on a Core S (w/ Buster) + DIO (custom FW). In case I notice a weird behavior during this tests, I will take a SOS_Report and create a new topic here.

B.T.W: Is there any available module from Kunbus which can output minimun 5 PWM Outputs, where the frequency, amplitude and phase of each output can be individually modified ?

Thanks,
Nathan
dirk
KUNBUS
Answers: 4

Post by dirk »

Hi Nathan,
Is there any available module from Kunbus which can output minimum 5 PWM Outputs, where the frequency, amplitude, and phase of each output can be individually modified ?
No, unfortunately there is no such module that can handle those requirements. The DO and DIO modules can generate PWM outputs, sure, but the frequency and amplitude cannot be modified individually on each channel.