Access & Modify Pictory Configuration

Topics about the Software of Revolution Pi
Lena
Answers: 0

Access & Modify Pictory Configuration

Post by Lena »

Hi there!

I am currently working on a project with a RevPi and I would like to access and modify the Pictory configuration, preferably with an API.

Here are some examples of what I'd like to do in my program (without having to use Pictory):
1) Change the names of e.g. the inputs of my analog I/O-module.
2) Change the range and measuring method of my analog inputs.
3) Get all the information about the current configuration of my RevPi and its modules.

I noticed in the documentation (and in the git repository) of the RevPiModIO-module that the class objects .app and .summery do exist and seem to be just what I need, but have no useful methods implemented yet. So, unfortunately this is probably not an option.
Also, I read a lot about the .rap (and rsc-)files. However, from what I've seen, it seems that it would be very unsafe and stupid to change all the parameters without a lot of knowledge about the consequences.

I hope I could make it a little bit clear what I am trying to do and where I need some help.
This is really the first big project I am working on, which is why I am also really not used to asking questions like this.

Thanks for the help in advance, and I wish you all a nice day!
Lena
RevPiModIO
KUNBUS

Re: Access & Modify Pictory Configuration

Post by RevPiModIO »

Hi Lena!

Unfortunately, you cannot write a configuration with RevPiModIO. The library only reads the piCtory configuration under /etc/revpi/config.rsc. For your point 3: You can read the configured values of the MEMs witch .io.MEMNAME.defaultvalue - Replace MEMNAME and do not use just the .value property.

Unfortunately, there is currently no API for configuring :( The only Thing you can do ist copy the config.rsc File, if you have do deploy it on a new Revolution Pi.

If you need an IO-Monitor to check out the IO values in live, the RevPiCommander could help you. Just turn on the RevPiPyLoad Service on the web page of the Revolution Pi and Download the RevPi Commander on your computer. You can connect via SSH.
https://revpimodio.org/quellen/revpicommander/

greeting
Sven
python3-RevPiModIO - https://revpimodio.org/ || Der RevPi ist das Beste, was passieren konnte!
mcww_rd

Post by mcww_rd »

RevPiModIO wrote: 18 Jan 2023, 00:23 Hi Lena!

Unfortunately, you cannot write a configuration with RevPiModIO. The library only reads the piCtory configuration under /etc/revpi/config.rsc. For your point 3: You can read the configured values of the MEMs witch .io.MEMNAME.defaultvalue - Replace MEMNAME and do not use just the .value property.

Unfortunately, there is currently no API for configuring :( The only Thing you can do ist copy the config.rsc File, if you have do deploy it on a new Revolution Pi.

If you need an IO-Monitor to check out the IO values in live, the RevPiCommander could help you. Just turn on the RevPiPyLoad Service on the web page of the Revolution Pi and Download the RevPi Commander on your computer. You can connect via SSH.
https://revpimodio.org/quellen/revpicommander/

greeting
Sven
I tried this, copying the config.rsc from a configured RevPi. I couldn't get any readings to change. When I did the config in PiCtory, however, it worked. I need some way of automating this configuration--it never changes and configuring through the web panel in production just can't happen.
RevPiModIO
KUNBUS

Post by RevPiModIO »

Hi mcww_rd

After copying a new piCtory configuration, did you reset the driver of the piBridge - or restart the Revolution Pi?

When a new config.rsc is created, e.g. `piTest -x` must be called so that the driver read and applies the new configuration.

Greeting
Sven
python3-RevPiModIO - https://revpimodio.org/ || Der RevPi ist das Beste, was passieren konnte!
mcww_rd

Post by mcww_rd »

RevPiModIO wrote: 19 Jun 2023, 09:06 Hi mcww_rd

After copying a new piCtory configuration, did you reset the driver of the piBridge - or restart the Revolution Pi?

When a new config.rsc is created, e.g. `piTest -x` must be called so that the driver read and applies the new configuration.

Greeting
Sven
I tried both driver reset in piCtory and a reset of the RevPi. I'll also try running

Code: Select all

piTest -x

EDIT:
The command alone does it, thanks!