DO Module Output Issues

Topics about the Hardware of Revolution Pi
f_und_e

DO Module Output Issues

Post by f_und_e »

Hello there,

We've got some very weird problems going on with the DO module. It seems like the module is not able to switch the lower half of the outputs correctly. They are used to switch Phoenix Contact Relais. After some time the first module we used decided to die spontan spontaneously and violently. Further investigation revealed that all the outputs are shorted.

The power of the outputs should be more than enough to switch those relais, the relais even come with a protecting diode.

At first I thought maybe something was wired wrongly, but I checked everything and it was fine. Sadly, the replacement module seems to have the same issue, we already issued a ticket at the supplier to get the cash back.

Is this a common problem? We really need the functionality for a project but I do not want to waste any more money on another module which may die aswell....

All the best
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Re: DO Module Output Issues

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi f_und_e,

I'm sorry to hear that you have trouble with your setup.

No, this is not a common problem with the DO modules. I have used similar relais from Phoenix in other projects without any problems. Could you please share a picture of your setup where we ideally can see the wiring?

Where did you buy your modules? Were the defective modules send back as RMA?

Nicolai
f_und_e

Post by f_und_e »

Hello Nicolai, thank you for your answer.

The first module was bought via your web shop. The second module via Conrad, because you don't have any stock atm.
I am still waiting for an answer from Conrad about the sent back module.

I attached a picture of the wiring. The signal from the DO module (purple cable) goes into A1 of the relais. A2 is connected to ground. The other side switches 24V with solenoid valves connected to it.

Thank you very much for your help!
Attachments
revpi_relais_resized.jpg
revpi_relais_resized.jpg (77.33 KiB) Viewed 2347 times
f_und_e

Post by f_und_e »

Short update: I checked the wiring again, everything seems OK. It even works with the DIO modules.... Weird.
nicolaiB
KUNBUS

Post by nicolaiB »

Hi f_und_e,

do you have a RMA number from conrad? If yes you can send me the number via PN or e-mail (support@kunbus.com, subject=title of this thread) and we will have a look at this when the module arrives.

Nicolai