If you are using a RevPi device that already comes with CODESYS, (e.g. RevPi Connect+ feat. CODESYS), you can skip the following instructions.
Note: License activation locks the license to your RevPi device. Activation and reactivation are possible only on the same device.
Your development system with CODESYS Development System has Internet access and it is connected to your Raspberry Pi device.
- Open CODESYS.
- Create a standard project.
- Update the device in the device tree.
- The device is the type CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL.
- Click on “Tools”.
- Select “License Manager”.
- The License Manager dialog opens.
- Select “Device” in the wizard.
- Select “Dongle” or “Softcontainer” depending on the device.
- The “Select device” dialog opens.
- Select the device CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL.
- The ” License Manager ” dialog opens. “Container” shows the name of the soft container or security key on the device. There is no entry for CODESYS Control for Raspberry Pi MC SL in the “Products” window yet.
- Select the action “Install licenses” at the bottom left.
- The wizard “Install licenses on <target device> <container name> – Select operation” starts.
- Select the “Activate license” option.
- Specify the “Ticket ID”.
- Click on “Next”.
- The license is activated.
You can find more about this in the CODESYS help: Managing Packages and Licenses.